Sunday, October 26, 2008

Early Halloween

Halloween came early for the Boyd family this year.

This is Kenna's first Halloween and I could not wait to dress her up! Daniel and I will be on vacation over Halloween and I was fairly disappointed that we would not get to see Miss K enjoy her first trick-or-treating experience. Of course, she will not be actually eating any candy, but still....

This morning, Kenna went to church in all her orange and black finery. She did look pretty cute if I do say so myself!! She really liked the tulle skirt and kept trying to figure out how it would go in her mouth.
What a cutie!
Aunt Mercy turned fourteen on the 21st so we had a birthday party after church. Kenna enjoyed playing in the sunshine before taking a really good nap. She had to get all rested up for Trunk or Treat!
Happy Birthday, Mercy!

Loving time with Grandpa.
Miss K was a ladybug this year for Halloween. I thought that would make a great first Halloween ensemble. We took a few pictures of the front and the back before we left Jon and Mandy's.She really did not mind her costume too much. I don't think she would have been bothered at all if it had not been 85 degrees outside at Trunk or Treat. Kenna seemed to really enjoy Trunk or Treat. I pushed her around in the stroller and let her look at all of the candy that was being passed out. There were some really great decorated trunks! One of the things that Miss K was most interested in was JD's pirate costume....I think she wanted the gold buttons.Doesn't she make a great ladybug!?!
We took the costume off pretty quickly...it was just a little too warm. Poor thing never complained but her hair was starting to stick to her head when I took off the headpiece. I thought for sure she would take a nap on the way home but she stayed awake and told me all about the neat costumes and decorations she had seen. I think she finally gave in to her busy day when we got home. Once she ate and had a bath, she crashed!!
I am still sad that we are going to miss her first Halloween, but I sure am glad Trunk or Treat was scheduled for this weekend and I had a good reason to dress her up myself!





10 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh she was just too cute!!!!! I am so glad you got to dress her up too!! And those little halloween outfits that the girls have are just too cute!! Love it!

Amy said...

Kenna was a great ladybug! I am glad your trunk or treat was early. Are you all packed?

Momof3 said...

Kenna was a cute ladybug, as well! I wish we could have got a picture of Izzy and her together! I can't wait to see you guys in Hawaii!

Andra said...

Cute, cute pictures!

The Bynum's said...

Kenna was an adorable lady bug. I love that costume for little girls. Glad you got to enjoy an early Halloween.

Leslye said...

What a cute ladybug! Glad you got to take her to her first Trunk or Treat! I am sure Mimzi and Pa will be glad to take her trick or treating and show off their precious ladybug! Have fun on your trip!

Joey said...

Very cute ladybug! Have fun on vacation (and when you get a chance, can you tell what exactly that means?!)

Unknown said...

I love the black and orange outfit, the tulle skirt is darling!

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

You Hooten girls have such adorable little girls. Kenna is so cute...as a bug!

Brooke said...

Adorable!

You've been tagged. See my blog for rules.