Sunday, October 5, 2008

Birthday Weekend

Today is my 30th birthday. I can't believe I am no longer in my 20s!!

We drove to Muleshoe and then Lubbock this weekend to have a family celebration with all of my family. Kenna did really well on the way there and only cried (yelled) for a little while the last hour of the trip. I think she just wanted out of the car seat!!

Saturday morning, my sister, brother-in-law, and my niece came to Muleshoe so we could do some family pictures. A LOT has changed since the last time we all had our picture made together. The babies did pretty good, but I think all that picture taking must have worn out Miss K because she fell asleep in her Uncle Cade's arms. I can't wait to see the finished product!

After a restorative nap on the way to Lubbock, Abbye and Kenna played and played together on the floor. I think they were becoming pretty good friends until Kenna reached up, knocked Abbye's pacifier out of her mouth and then put it in her own mouth. I guess she was trying to teach Abbye how to share.

Last night, almost all of my aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents (almost 30 people) from both sides of the family met at the 50 yard line in Lubbock for dinner. We had a lot of fun and good food. I also got to meet the newest member of the family, Kody. Kody is my cousin's son and is 2.5 weeks old.

My mother and sister made we wear a 30 button (that flashed). Wasn't the cake beautiful!?! Those are real flowers on top. It tasted good as well.

This is not a great picture, but I had to show you a picture of Miss K's outfit. She was stylin'!!
Before bed, both girls needed a bath so they got to get in the little duck tub together. They just splashed and splashed. They will be needing to move to the bigger tub before long! (Kenna needs some girl cousins on the other side of the family that she can take baths with....)

We all went to church and lunch together before we heading home today. Kenna slept from the minute we left my sister's house until 45 minutes from home! I think there was just too much excitement for her...she was worn out! She just went down for the night.

Now for what everyone has been waiting for....more Kenna video. After dinner last night, several of us were hanging out at my sister's house, just watching the babies play. They were chatting with each other (of course, none of us knew what they were saying) so I thought I would record a little video of them talking. I am sorry it is so long, but I could not figure out how to edit some of the first. You have to watch the whole thing to see Miss K show her true colors at the end. I was laughing too hard to hold the camera still so sorry for the bouncing!


I think Abbye will be onto Kenna from now on. After several different pacifier snatchings, I think she will keep her paci out of Kenna's hands!



12 comments:

Lynn Leaming said...

Happy Birthday Heather! Glad you were able to celebrate with family. Looks like you had a great time. May the Lord just bless this coming year in ways beyond all you could ask or imagine.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for making the drive. It was great to see Kenna again. She is is so sweet! Love you'll
Dad

CourtneyLine said...

Oh my goodness!! That is still soo funny!! What fun it was!! I will put up my pictures and little video tomorrow!! It was sooo good to see ya'll!! Hope you had a great birthday!

The Laird's said...

Happy Birthday! That sounds like so much fun, I love the cake, it's so cute! I love Kenna's outfit also.

The Bynum's said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATHER!! Looks like you had a fun filled weekend. Love the video, too fun. I don't think Abbye could get over everyone in the room laughing.

Supermom-In-Training said...

It sounds like you had a great time! Kenna and Abbye sure love playing together! That is so awesome! Welcome to the 30s! I've enjoyed the short time that I have been in mine, so hopefully you will like them too!

Hannah said...

Happy Birthday!! I know Daniel's birthday is this week too, although I can never remember exactly which day (8, 9?). I hope you both have a wonderful week. :)

Leslye said...

The video is still so funny! Hearing all the cackling in the background makes it even funnier! I am so glad that I got to come to celebrate your bithday and to see everyone! Kenna is adorable! Hope you had a great full day as a 30 year old!

Joey said...

Happy Birthday Heather! Welcome to the 30s with the rest of us!

Sorry I couldn't be there, but glad you all had fun without me!

The Ballard Family said...

Hey Heather! It was good to see you and catch up on the babies today. I read some of your blog, but plan to watch all the videos soon. Kenna is precious! Take care....and Happy Birthday again.

Amy said...

I just watched the video and laughed so hard I cried again. It is so funny! I am so glad you stayed with me. It was a great weekend.

Noel Green said...

Hi Heather!
Happy belated birthday:). I'm the WORST about noticing bday alerts on facebook:). I forgot that we have close bdays!

Looks like you had a great time with family.

Hope you have a great week!