Thursday, April 9, 2009

One

My baby is officially One - I know it is cliche, but how did that happen!?! Time has really flown by. I was looking back at pictures the other night when I was working in her baby book and was shocked at how much she has grown in the last year. She was such a little thing when she joined the world on April 9, 2008! I had forgotten that her socks didn't even really touch her legs when we came home from the hospital....

Our family photo then to our family photo now....what a change!!!

Kenna is an absolutely precious one year old and I can't wait to see how her personality continues to develop throughout the coming years. She is such a sweet little girl and loves to give hugs to Daddy and Mommy when they ask for it.


She is definitely full of life and energy and wants to be involved in everything that is going on around her. She is so excited that she can walk and tour the world now! There is so much to explore.....

She loves to be out doing things but is also very content to sit and look through her books...what a precious little one we were blessed with! Happy Birthday Miss K!!
I had to go ahead and add this....At JD's party last weekend, Jon was gracious enough to snap some photos of our soon to be one year old. JD loves his cousin so much, that he didn't understand why he couldn't sit and play with KayKay.....




9 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Kenna! I can't BELIEVE it's been a whole year! What a sweet girl!

JDM said...

Oh what a big day for you guys!! Happy B-day Kenna!

The Laird's said...

Yeah, you made it! Happy birthday kenna! ya'll have a great day!

Supermom-In-Training said...

Yay Kenna! 1 year old! And JD just considers himself part of Kenna's family! :)

Lindsay said...

I love that last picture! Classic family photo. I feel like I have journeyed with Kenna on her first year through your blog. She is such a funny and sweet little thing. Happy Birthday

Lynn Leaming said...

It is amazing to see how quickly they grow up. It is fun reading through your blog how much you have enjoyed being a mom. Kenna is adorable! Happy Birthday sweet girl!

Leslye said...

Happy Birthday Kenna! Can not wait to see the wonderful one year old this weekend!

LisaN said...

Wahoo, happy #1! Actually, it's happy 1 year and 9 months, I wonder why we don't calculate it that way... I know what you mean about the time flying! Sam is almost 3 months and I can't believe it! Take lots of pictures and soak up every moment. And by the way, Heather you look GORGEOUS!!

Unknown said...

It just keeps getting faster and faster and more amazing.