Thursday, April 23, 2009

Yummy Dirt

For Kenna's birthday, Daniel and I got her a sandbox with which she has totally fallen in love. Tonight, Daniel was grilling some salmon for dinner and she saw the sandbox out on the patio when he was walking through the door so of course we had to go play! She has played out there several times since her birthday and has never tried to taste the dirt but I think she decided to change that tonight. (Yes there are lots of clots in the dirt but they are really soft and we spent most of her time outside tonight breaking them up. Last weekend when the storms hit, the lid blew off and the sand got all wet. We have had to spend a little time working on it) At first, she made a face at how the dirt tasted and I thought she would quit at that. I mean, who wants to eat dirt!?! But, no, my hungry daughter decided to taste it a few more times.
After she got her fill (Mommy was trying to stop her the whole time), she decided to get down to the business of playing....

Sometimes that includes playing outside the sandbox with all of the toys and some of the sand!


I really do think that she would stay in there all night if we would let her. Of course, once we asked if she was ready to eat, she started toward the door....quickly!
After a yummy dinner and a bath, Miss K was ready for her before bed bottle (the only bottle she still has). Apparently she wanted her pacifier and blanket at the same time....


Now that folks is what I call talent....




3 comments:

Supermom-In-Training said...

That's awesome that she loves her sandbox so much! She is going to love the beach in a few weeks!! Of course, JD loved putting sand in his mouth last year at the beach and would even rub his snacks in it to get more flavor. Blech. Hopefully K has more sophisticated taste buds!

Amy said...

That is so cute I want Abbye to get to try out the sandbox.

Unknown said...

I'm still trying to decide if I'm brave enough to add a sandbox to our backyard. The girls would love it, I'm just lazy:)