Saturday, March 3, 2007

The Departed

Daniel and I watched "The Departed" last night and now I know why it was awarded Best Picture, Martin Scorsese was best director and it was the winner for movie editing. It was an excellent movie. It is pretty violent and the language is rough, but the story behind it is great. The ending definitely surprised me!! (Of course, I am always the last one to figure out the endings of movies). More than anything, I think I was impressed by such an all-star cast. I knew that Jack Nicholson, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Matt Damon were in the movie, but seeing Martin Sheen, Alec Baldwin, and Mark Wahlberg surprised me. And did you know Brad Pitt produced it? Kept me entertained for the entire movie, which says a lot because I usually fall asleep in longer movies! :)

2 comments:

Glaziersgirl said...

I told you it was awesome, huh? Just a tad different from Little Miss Sunshine though. Both great movies with surprising endings!

Unknown said...

For me, the ending ruined it! I didn't want to see that happen. (I'm trying to not be too specific.) I thought it was great up until the end. It was a great eye-candy movie though. ;)