Wednesday, March 28, 2007

You know you are in trouble when....

I went to spin class this morning...part of my usual MWF routine. I guess it is natural for some days to be harder than others, and the time it takes me to start getting really tired is usually in the middle of the hour long class (somewhere within a 5-10 minute range). Let me tell you about today....

Ten minutes into the class - Technically, we are still in the warm-up phase. I am already starting to breathe a little hard. I look around and notice that everyone else is doing the same. We all are looking a little surprised that we are already getting tired.

Fifteen minutes into class - I am really breathing heavy...it has only been five more minutes since before. Because you can control how hard you make the class by changing the tension on the bike, I lower it significantly, hoping that will help.

About that time, the lady next to me catches my attention and tells me to look at the instructor...he can barely catch his breath!!

I have never noticed one of the instructors having a hard time in class. They are in control of what we do, so I guess they always seem to take little breaks here and there and can recover fairly quickly.

I just think it is a bad sign when, fifteen minutes into the class, the instructor is adjusting his bike as well...guess how the rest of the class went...I think it may take me all day to recover!! :)

No comments: