Saturday, April 14, 2007

Catch-up Thoughts

Sorry I haven't been posting much recently...time for some random catch-up thoughts!!

I am beginning to be slightly confused about the weather...it will be gorgeous, spring days, with temps in the 70s all week (while I am at work) and then cold and wintery on the weekends. I guess that means I will stay inside and get caught up on the cleaning and the laundry!! I am ready for it to be a little warmer on the weekends. I love to sit outside by the pool and read, or something similar, and these 40 degree temps are not helping any!! Doesn't the sun know that I have FOUR weddings (cousin, cousin, cousin, best friend) to go to in an 8 week period and I need to have some sort of a tan? I am really trying hard not to give in and go to a tanning bed....

My Thursday nights have definitely changed...For ten weeks, I was involved in a Bible study with 9 other women. We were doing a video study by Beth Moore entitled Believing God. Dan kept giving me a hard time, because, I LOVE Grey's Anatomy...it was quite a decision on whether I would even participate in the study because of the show (just kidding...but I did always tape it). Now that the study has ended, I am missing both the study and the ladies involved!! And to top it all off, now Grey's is just reruns and music videos...what is up with that? I definitely think I have lost a little bit of my previous excitement about that show. FYI, a fellow blogger and A&M friend, mentioned that Beth Moore and her daughter have a blog. It is fun to read, especially if you have seen her videos, because you can hear her voice throughout the whole post....

I am really excited about next weekend!! I will be driving all over Texas, though. I was blessed to get to live with three wonderful, Christian women during my school years, both A&M and PA school. We have all married and are now living in various cities (Okay, Mitzi lives 15 minutes from me but we have not been great about seeing each other). We are going to have an all-girls reunion Fri and Sat at Britney's house in Lufkin. Mitzi and I are driving down together and Julie is going to meet us there. It is going to be so much fun!! I can't wait for catch-up time. Britney has a 1-year-old son and a daughter on the way and Mitzi is also expecting (she finds out the gender on Thurs) so we are going to have some fun play time with Clayton. I am sure it will be quite the slumber party!! I will have to post some pictures when I get back.

Mitzi and I are actually going to come home on Sat night so that I can go to the wedding shower for one of my cousins in Stephenville on Sunday. Leslye lives in Lubbock right now, but is moving to Stephenville with Joey after their wedding. The church at Stephenville is going to have a potluck/shower on Sunday after church and several of my family members are going. Should be fun!!

Daniel is going to stay home and work/chill during all of this 'girl time.' I think he was secretly glad that he was not invited...

The house is coming along...they are actually doing some of the paint/trim work now. They stained our cabinets the other day and they look beautiful!! Everybody kept saying that we would someday feel like they had slowed down...I guess we are there. Everytime we go, we notice that they have done something different, but it definitely seems like it is a much slower pace now. I am glad that they are taking their time, though...I want it to look good!! When they are bricking and such, it doesn't take much to make it look like they have made a lot of progress. Maybe that is why it seems slower now, more detail work. They have said that they are going to start doing the tile and such next week sometime...We will be moving before you know it!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am also irritated that they've only shown 1 NEW episode of Grey's Anatomy since my Thursday nights are now free. Maybe I should become busy again so I can at least see something new even if it is taped.

Personally, I didn't like that music video. The one by The Frey was much better!

Anonymous said...

I just can't wait to see you! Is it Friday yet?!?