Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Daniel's poor ambulance

Just thought I would post a link to a video with a picture of the Denton ambulance that was most likely totaled in last night's rain storm. This is the medic that Daniel normally drives (and was driving on Monday) but he was not in it when it went off the side of the road. He said that there were three guys in it who had to swim out to safety and they are afraid that they are going to have to replace all of the equipment in the back of the box as well as the actual ambulance. I am sure that will not be a cheap shopping trip!!

It is kindof a long video and you can only hear one side of the conversation...apparently the guy in the helicopter is talking to the news anchor but you can only hear the chopper guy....I just thought it was crazy that there was that much water!!

To view the video click here.

Glad everyone made it out okay...I wonder what Dan will drive when he is at work tomorrow....

Updated: We were looking around for some pictures and found some great water rescue pics from last night. My favorite is number 11 in this slide show...click here....The guy doing the rescue used to be at Dan's station before he was moved to B shift...I think it is kind of fun to know the people in the pictures!!

1 comment:

erin said...

Heather, this is going to be completely random, but I think we know each other from Camp Blue Haven. I clicked on your blog (just being nosy) from Lyneil Zant's. She is an old friend from A&M. I graduated high school in '96 so I don't know when we would have been at CBH together, but I think it was sometime before that. My maiden name was Maserang. Anyway, if you are not who I'm thinking of or don't remember me just ignore this!=)