Monday, April 23, 2007

Whirlwind Weekend

What a busy, but extremely fun weekend!! McKinney to Lufkin to McKinney to Stephenville to McKinney - all in 3 days!!

We had a lot of fun in Lufkin. I don't know the last time that I saw 1:30 am because I had not gone to sleep yet...we talked and talked and talked and talked. Saturday, we had breakfast with Clayton and Jerel (Brittney's one year old son and her husband) before heading to the mall to do some shopping.



The funny thing about our mall experience - we sat at a table in the middle of the mall and talked for another two hours. Who knew we had so much to say to each other? Mitzi introduced us all to cheese on a stick and actually convinced Julie to try one....let's just say that neither one of them actually finished their lunch and went to Chick-Fil-A instead. This was not your standard mozzarella cheese stick...yes, that is a block of cheddar cheese inside the batter they put on a corn dog...what do you think? Sound appetizing? Mitzi decided that was something you only liked when you were less than ten....


Mitzi and I left right after Brittney cooked us all dinner (with Clayton's help in the cookbook area) so that I could be back in town to meet my parents on Sunday morning.


I wish we could have stayed longer and I cannot wait until we can get back together again! Soon there will be two more little ones at our gatherings!!



On Sunday morning, I met my parents and my grandmother in Frisco, where they had spent the night, and drove to Stephenville for my cousin Leslye's wedding shower. The man she is marrying lives there and the church had a potluck/shower after services. It was a lot of fun, and I even got to see one of the girls who was in my cabin when I was a counselor at Camp Blue Haven...she is married and pregnant now...that made me feel a little old :)


Leslye and Joey are such a cute couple and I was glad I got to go to their shower. I somehow got roped into being the scribe, but it is going to be fun for them to write thank you notes when they cannot read what I wrote down. They should have known better than to ask someone who works in the medical field to write down who gave what gifts.


Here are some random pics of me and Gran and me and Les.

I will have to put some updated pictures of our house on here soon. Things are really starting to come together and we will probably be moving before you know it!!

Maybe later this week I will tell you the fun story of me driving my mother and grandmother to Stephenville while my dad followed us in my car....it was quite an adventure!! I'm not really sure why they think I am such a bad driver.....

1 comment:

Beck Boys said...

I am so glad that you got to go and spend time with your friends and family. Thanks for sharing all the pictures and stories.