Thursday, May 24, 2007

American Idol Finale

I must admit that I can be a reality TV junkie. I have done really well this spring, though, because we have been so busy in the evenings. I still have found the time to catch at least one of the two American Idols that is on each week. So, of course, I had to watch the big finale!!

I was very impressed with the way they did it. When I saw that it was going to be two hours long and you know they do not name the winner until the last 3 minutes, I was sure that the show was going to drag on with highlights from the whole season. That is what seems to happen on most result shows.

But they did not do that...they had some pretty good performers on! I loved how all of the old AI winners (besides Fantasia) were on and a part of the celebration. And GreenDay, Gwen Stefani, Tony Bennett, Gladys Knight, and Smokey Robinson were all there. I like how it was more about the music than what had already been shown thoughout the season. (We won't discuss Bette Midler)

And I must say that my favorite part of the evening was probably when Melinda sang with the Winans. That girl can sing! (She was my favorite)

Hope everyone is having an excellent day!!

3 comments:

Amberly said...

Okay, well I didn't watch it, so now you gotta tell me what Bette Midler did!

Heather said...

She just wasn't the Bette Midler that I remember. She sang "Wing Beneath My Wings" and I wasn't impressed with it. She also tried to be cutesy and twirl her skirt and stuff. I just didn't think that she fit well with the others.....

Amberly said...

Well, I looked it up on You Tube & I see exactly what you mean! She seemed very bored singing it.