Thursday, May 17, 2007

Name this plant...


Anybody know the name of this plant? How do you take care of it? Am I going to kill it?


Yesterday, on our near daily trip to our new house, we discovered that we have grass, trees, and plants!! I was VERY excited!! I don't know that I am a great plant person. We have a few green plants in our apartment that have all survived since we bought them when we got married, so I have managed to keep them alive for over two years. We will see how I do on the outside stuff. In the flowerbed in front of the study window, there are several shrubs and then two of these pink/purple flowered plants. Sorry if the picture isn't that great...


I will post more updated pictures of the house as soon as someone names this plant....it's your reward!! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't remember the name of it, but it's supposed to be very resilient to our TX sun and heat. Mine died after full sun and 10+ degrees through July and August last year... but I didn't water it well. Too bad watering 1x/wk isn't enough. :(

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm ready for my reward! Lets see the house pics.

p.s. I kinda made up an answer to your plant question so you'll post some more pics.

Amberly said...

Heather, I have an ivy that Sammy gave me for our 2nd wedding anniversary... that was over 8 years ago & it's still hanging on! However, it almost died during our move this summer. I left it in the car for about a week before finally taking it inside the McBryde's house for some TLC. It was on it's last leg, so they graciously allowed me to leave it in their sink soaking up some much needed water. I finally brought it back to life, but not before I had to do some major pruning! Now, it's proudly sitting in my kitchen & I am determined to make it grow full & long again!

Good luck with your plants!

Kristi said...

Heather, I came across your blog while reading someone else's and saw your plant picture! I think it might be a Mexican Heather. If so, they are very sturdy plants. Hope that this helps you some!! My name is Kristi, by the way, nice to meet you!!

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

Is it a butterfly bush?

Anonymous said...

Brent and Cheryl's initial conclusion is that the plant is a lantana. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lantana Check out the website for more information. We have them in our yards and both parents. They are very hardy in the sun but do like to be watered several times a week. My dad's has continued to come back every year in his flower beds. Enjoy the plants. The yard and house look great!!!