Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Sound of Rain

UPDATE: I originally posted this before the weather decided to give us all a little excitement. I had not turned the TV on and did not know it was going to get that bad and leave us without electricity for hours!!

I love the sound of rain. I really enjoy sitting here at the computer and hearing the rain drops hit the window and the roof. I like to hear cars driving through the puddles in the parking lot of our apartment building. It is such a peaceful sound to me.

I also love the memories that come with the sound of rain. Every house/roof makes a different sound when it rains. I think of sitting in my bed at my parent's house (even though that did not happen often at all...it doesn't rain there much)...I think of being at Blue Haven and the sound of the rain through the trees and on the tin roofs. That is one of my most favorite ways to take a nap!! I think I even like the randomness of thunder. Who can truly predict the next lightning/thunder combo?

I hope it rains all night....

1 comment:

Lynn Leaming said...

Too bad you could not share in the excitement at the building tonight when all that thunder and lightening caused us to lose electricity! With the parents in one end of the building and the kids in the other, the scenario was rather interesting. Usually I would agree with you about the rain, but tonight it made things a little tense.