Thursday, September 4, 2008

Who needs a pacifier...

when you have a thumb?

From the time she was born, Miss K has always had her hands by her mouth. We are frequently pulling her hands down and putting her pacifier in to try and avoid the thumb-sucking habit (I just think the paci habit would be easier to break). I think we are fighting a losing battle and she is just destined to suck her thumb.

I took this picture yesterday morning. I was getting ready for work and she started fussing a bit so I ran in, put her pacifier in her mouth, and she went right back to sleep. When I went to get her up and get her ready to go to Mrs Cindy's, this is what I found.... This past weekend, she tried to suck her thumb and eat from her bottle all at the same time. I will have to get a picture of that!



8 comments:

Brooke said...

I would love to see a picture of the thumb-sucking and bottle-drinking! Audrey didn't get into sucking her thumb, although my mom tried to get her into that in the beginning. She became a paci girl. I was dreading the removal of the pacifier, but she just gave it up one day. She REFUSED it over and over. This was where I was lucky. Other things, not so much. You roll with the punches and appreciate the little blessings!

Andra said...

I think that is just precious!

Supermom-In-Training said...

I think thumb sucking is pretty cute too. A lot of times they outgrow it too when most of their teeth are in and they don't want to chew on something anymore - similar to the pacifier! I need to see thumb sucking and bottle drinking...too funny!

Anonymous said...

Well, sure made a cute picture!

Ouida said...

It sure is a sweet picture. We did have a bunch of thumb and finger suckers. I think they have all pretty well given up on it. It is so amazing that none had braces.

The Laird's said...

Hamilton is doing the same thing, right now it's his fingers, and he will try to put them in there with the bottle!

Abbe said...

We sooo fight that battle. I think the thing that makes me laugh the most is when Avery tries to suck on his thumb and his paci.

Unknown said...

I don't think that you can fight it, they just choose which one they prefer. Both of mine were anit-paci. Teresa chewed a blankie, and Addison sucks her 3 adn 4th finger at the same time. At least it limits the running in in the middle of the night to replace a pacifier!