Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Snow day...

I do not have to work today...I am so excited (and surprised). I have worked in this office for almost two years and we have never closed due to the weather. People always get sick, even if there is snow on the ground, has been the philosophy.

NOT TODAY!!

I got up this morning and went to the gym for a spin class. When I left our house at 5:30, it was just starting to sleet and the roads looked a little slick. It didn't look too bad though (in the dark) so I went ahead and drove to the gym. The radio said there was three schools west of Fort Worth that had closed. By the time the class was over and I was back in the car. The weather was much, much worse. It took the lady on the radio the entire drive back to the house (5-7 min) to list all of the school closures. My boss called and said we were going to plan on opening at 10 but he would call us before then. I got home, sent Daniel off to work (what a bad day to work outside, don't you think), and then turned on the TV. The TV broadcasters said they had between 450-500 closings. Wow!!

By 10, the weather was not much better, so the decision was made to stay closed. What fun!! Since I was already up and had been out, I decided to use the time (while we were just opening late) to clean the house and get some laundry started. We have a small apartment that is usually fairly clean so that did not take too long. Now the office is closed, my house is clean, and I am almost finished with the laundry...

It is now officially a free day!! Too bad, my hubby has to work until tomorrow morning...:(

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have the day off too! Tim is working from home, and I'm getting cabin fever. I kind of wish I could do something around the house, but I just cleaned it on Monday when I had that day off too. I really want to pack, but I think that would be jumping the gun a little. :)

Sounds like a good day to hit the mall... even though I don't have any money.

Unknown said...

I guess we're all home-bound today! I am home too - so fun!Casey was home this morning but went in for a few hours this afternoon. I was off on Monday as well and I got a lot done then. I just washed a mountain of dishes today - with the help of the dishwasher, of course, and I think I'm hitting my book hard for the rest of the day! I love when I have so much time to read!

Unknown said...

I don't think we'll be back in time for lifegroup on Sunday. It's about a 6 hour drive and I'm not sure what time we'll be heading back.

We'll be leaving on Friday morning.