Thursday, July 10, 2008

Baby nails

I have discovered my absolute least favorite thing about being a mom.

I can handle poopy diapers and spit up without a problem.

I HATE cutting Miss K's fingernails.

Her nails are so tiny and she just cannot sit still. And of course you cannot reason with a three month old, but I sure try! :) I think the other reason I dislike it so much is because of her mad little cry when I accidentally catch part of her skin or get the nail too short, which fortunately has not happened too many times. I definitely procrastinate when it comes to cutting her nails.

Anybody know of where I can get regular manicures for a three month old?

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I agree! Until Caleb got a little bigger, I hated cutting his finger nails. The first time I tried it, I cut him and made him bleed. I was always very paranoid after that. I got to where I liked using the nail scissors better than the clippers because I felt like I wouldn't cut him with those.

Lindsay said...

Amen to what Steph said. Scissors are the way to go with little ones.

Kristi said...

I always cut them when they first went to sleep. That way they were still!!

Supermom-In-Training said...

I'm right there with you. I filed JD's nails for the first couple of months. Then I clipped them while I was nursing him and he was drowsy. Now I clip them while he is distracted with the Wiggles.

Unknown said...

Also my least favorite thing. I like the clippers better, usually try to clip when Addison's nursing and distracted. It does get easier, Teresa just sits on my lap and let's me clip away.

Heather B. said...

I never clipped my kids nails when they were babies. This may sound gross...but I would bite them off once they went to sleep after they had a bath. That way they were soft and I could feel exactly where snip them! I may be weird but it really does work.