Monday, July 14, 2008

Birthday Weekend Pics

Kenna and I had a great trip to Muleshoe this past weekend. My grandfather was very surprised that everyone was there to celebrate his birthday. We had a big dinner Saturday night with family and friends. Kenna even signed her own card for her PaPa before we left on Friday. (She grabbed hold of the pen herself and then we moved the card around...it seemed to work well) Saturday morning Abbye and Kenna dressed in their A&M onesies before we went to MaMa and PaPa's house to visit. They were just talking and talking to each other but stopped as soon as we started videoing.
Kenna and Abbye with the birthday boy.
Saturday night we took a picture of my grandfather and his granddaughters - Twyla, me, Amy
Kenna and Papa seemed to have a good conversation.
PaPa and two of his sisters
Twyla's son Lane found Kenna's bow and decided to try it on. Won't this make a great photo for a wedding video?!? Kenna is in the background making sure he does not run off with it forever!

My aunt and uncle Lary and Wanda were on the same flight as us yesterday and they were a lot of help. It is so much easier to get through an airport when you have other people around!
Kenna was so tired when we got home from her traveling weekend that she fell asleep an hour and a half earlier than normal. She just could not stay awake!

5 comments:

Supermom-In-Training said...

Cute pictures!! It looks like everyone had a great time! I better never catch JD trying on one of Kenna's bows...

Andra said...

Glad you travelers are home safe and sound once again! Looks like Papa was just waiting for those girls to show up in their maroon and white!! Those girls are just too cute!!!

Lynn Leaming said...

Praising God for blessing your grandpa with 80 years of life and you a fun and safe trip to celebrate with him!

Glaziersgirl said...

Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I am not sure if anyone even bothers to read since it is so long between updates. Kiss that baby girl for me. I may see you next week when I am in town for the big (final) move. xoxoxo

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

Great pics...super fun stuff! Hey, shoot me an email and we can chat about blog design after the weekend! I'd LOVE to cook something up!