Saturday, July 5, 2008

Saturday Fun

Kenna woke up in the best mood this morning. After she had her bottle, she was ready to show off that grin.

Daniel and I got to get a lot of work done around the house this morning. He worked on sealing all the grout and the countertops while I went through some of Kenna's clothes. I cannot believe that it is already time to pack some things away! When we brought her home from the hospital, she wore a preemie outfit...it looked so tiny this morning! It was nice to clean out some of her drawers and replace it with things that she can actually wear, but it was hard to believe that she had already grown so much.

After working this moring, we decided to go to the pool. This is how Kenna's second trip to the pool started. It was SOOOO much better. We went over right about nap time and fixed her her own little tent. She was completely content and slept for over an hour and a half while mommy and daddy got to take turns swimming. It was great! Once she woke up, she was ready for her turn in the pool. Miss K wasn't sure what to think at first but she quickly adjusted and totally relaxed.
She kept pulling her legs up out of the water until she adjusted to the cooler temperature.
We had to go get her glasses and her hat and then she was truly a sun-bathing diva. She was having a blast! She just kept grinnin' and chillin' (and sticking her hand in her mouth...)
She even had lots of kids to play with. Once we quit taking pictures, they all came up to play with the baby in the water.
I may have just missed them but I really need to find some swim diapers in size ones. The smallest I saw the other day at Target was a size three! When we finally got home and put Kenna in the bath tub, I think the diaper weighed more than she did because of all the water it had absorbed! We will definitely have to go swimming again soon...

6 comments:

Brooke said...

I can really see Daniel in that first picture! I am glad she likes the water. Oh, I don't think they make those swim diapers in a smaller size. Bummer, I know!

Unknown said...

Glad you guys all enjoyed the pool! I think Brooke is right about the swim diapers because I've looked for them in a smaller size too and haven't seen them. We had to deal with the droopy diaper after swimming too.

Anonymous said...

Heather I just love that little Diva!! Can't wait to come visit! Sorry I missed ya'll in Snyder!

courtney

Hollye said...

I agree with Courtney. I just love that little Diva. I can't wait until this weekend!!

John and Christy said...

Love her bathing suit, hat & glasses! Too cute! Looks like ya'll are having a lot of fun.

Supermom-In-Training said...

The little smile is so cute!! We'll have to get Kenna and JD together for a swim party since they are both such fishes!!