Saturday, August 23, 2008

Baby Swap and Sleepover

Mandy kept Kenna while Daniel and I were both at work on Thursday - I think they had a lot of fun! When I went to pickup Miss K after work, JD came home with us so Jon and Mandy could go out to dinner (we both had to find some quick babysitting so we decided to just do some kid swapping!)

Kenna fell asleep in the car and I put her in her crib to finish out her evening nap. JD didn't know what to do without Miss K to entertain! He kept wandering over to play with her toys, but I don't think they were quite as much fun without his new bud.


When Kenna woke up from her nap, it did not take long for JD to start showing her the finer points of her exersaucer. He had discovered some neat tricks while she had been sleeping.

Kenna didn't want to smile so soon after waking.
After playing with Kenna and her toys for a while, JD discovered something even more entertaining than the toys - an empty Diet Rite box that was sitting next to the trash can.


They had a really good time together and were really good. JD only tried to feed Kenna his 'babies' (goldfish crackers) once. Being a single mom of two for the evening went a lot better than I thought it would!

Yesterday afternoon, Daniel took Kenna to meet his parents while I got my hair cut. (I chopped quite a bit of it off. I will try to take pictures soon). Daniel and I had planned on going out to dinner, just the two of us, for the first time since little Miss K made her appearance. We decided we might as well go all out and let her spend the night as well!

We went and picked her up this morning and it sounds like things went really well (or at least that is what they told us!) She is a pretty good baby and really only got upset when they were almost home - she had had enough of the carseat. Kenna had a lot of fun with her Aunt Mercy and her grandparents.

Daniel and I also had a lot of fun (we went to eat at Goodhue's) and we only called to check on Kenna one time. I was pretty proud of myself!

Now that Kenna and her parents are experienced at the sleepover business, who wants to keep her next?

6 comments:

Supermom-In-Training said...

Yay! I'm glad the sleepover went so well! And thanks again for watching JD on Thursday evening! I think he enjoyed hanging out with Kenna. He has been looking at our exersaucer and asking "Baby?"

The Bynum's said...

Good for you to get to have a date night - I am jealous. Since Brayden has been here, 8 months, we have gotten to go out 3 times. It is hard being away from family and moving from friends. Enjoy it and take people up on it as often as possible. Miss K is such a cutie pie.

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

Heather - it has been a while since I've had time to look at blogs so I didn't even realize you had a little one; She is so so cute!!! Sounds like you are having a blast with her!!

Hollye said...

Sign me up!!!

Anonymous said...

Any time just call!!!
Dad

Anonymous said...

PICK ME!!!!!!!! She can just make her way across the state...but I will be her Lubbock stop! Of course you could stay too!! We don't get to see each other enough! Love ya!