Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Yummy, yummy

While everybody else was getting ready to send their babies off to kindergarten, I was feeding my baby cereal for the first time. We tried to video her first experience (Saturday) but the camera battery was dead so you get pictures of her third time instead!

She has done really well adjusting to the new texture but is still not exactly sure what she thinks about it. I am currently considering it a success if we get more in her than is on her bib.

She thinks the whole process is quite entertaining and loves to show her daddy her cute grin. Not sure what to think...

"Mmmm...I want what is on this bib!"
"Mommy, can I help?"
This is what happens when you let her help... she did it, not me! :)
Open wide!
Yummy, yummy!
Okay, now I have a question for all of you experienced moms. How did you incorporate cereal into your daily routine? Did you do it in the morning or evening at first? I am not sure when to give it to her so that she still has all her bottles/milk!




7 comments:

JDM said...

Oh what fun! Looks like Kenna is going great. Initially I would offer the cereal at whatever feeding is most convenient for you. Then maybe next week start doing it at her 3 main meals after she has had her milk. Soon you'll have her mealtimes aligned with yours. It gets pretty entertaining! Have fun :)

Stephanie said...

Since I work, I would feed Caleb in the evenings. It just worked better with my schedule. But his teachers at "school" were more than willing to help out during the day too when it came time for that. I just wanted to be there to feed him at first.

Unknown said...

We did evenings first- fuller tummy = better sleep or at least that was the theory. Also could do a bath after eating to clean up and calm down before bed.

Then we added mornings...finally 3 times a day. I agree with Mandy- give it after the milk so she still gets plenty of milk. I think I usually did cereal about 30 minutes after milk feedings. Can't remember exactly though.

Brooke said...

I also started out at dinner time. I wanted her to sleep through the night with all those extra calories. It didn't work, but it was good to have Michael around to see her eat. I added mornings next. Audrey was on baby food before we were eating 3 meals a day. Kenna looks like she enjoys this...wait, is there anything she doesn't enjoy? She's seems to take everything in stride!

The Bynum's said...

Love it, we were there just a few months ago now we have colored squash and carrots all over us. It does get a little better but he still wants to help so you can only imagine. Sounds like you got some good imput from other moms. I am not quite experienced yet, still learning too.

Unknown said...

We've got a month or so before we start this but it was good to read everyone's input so thanks for asking! Kenna does look like she enjoys it! She's a sweetie!

Suzanne Boyd said...

how cute! Kenna is growing so fast!