Thursday, February 8, 2007

Guy Trip and Time at Home

Dan left yesterday evening with two of his brothers, a cousin, and a friend/brother-in-law for five guy only days in Breckenridge. They go every year and spend some time skiing and just hanging out with each other. The other 360 days of the year, they are talking about when they are going to go again or what they did while they were gone. Pretty much everyone in the family knows what is meant by the phrase "guy trip." I am glad that they go and have so much fun. I think it is important for guys to have some time to just enjoy each other's company and do something out of the ordinary.

Of course, this means that I have a free weekend (once I finish work tomorrow) so I am taking the opportunity to go visit my fam for a few days. I am very excited about it. It is always nice to be at home with no real plans or holidays...just enjoy being there. Mom is always wanting to take care of you and Saturday is actually my Dad's birthday so we might have to have some cake or something!!

Both of us will be flying back in on Sunday afternoon so we can start the work week back...can't wait to hear all of the stories from Breck!!

2 comments:

Beck Boys said...

Have fun!!

John and Christy said...

That's great for both of you! We find ourselves split into boy & girl activities fairly often as his fam are mostly boys & mine's mostly girls. I know you'll enjoy being home with the folks. You know, I still use you whenever I need to refer to truly small town Texas - as in, "Well, I have this friend from Muleshoe..." ;)